Sunday, March 20, 2011

SXSW diary

tube top/American Apparel
maxi skirt/IVY
sunnies/Raybans
handbag/Louis Vuitton
sandals/Tory Burch
hamsa bracelet/Kitson LA
nail polish/Army Jacket/American Apparel


First I would like to say that I live in one of the BEST cities in the world!!! I had SUCH an amazing time this weekend attending SXSW activities...and because luck & blessings follow me EVERYWHERE that I go....I won 2 VIP tickets to Perez Hilton's 'One night in Austin' party and let me tell you it was fricken phenomenal!!!  The Pretty Reckless was there too, whooooot whoooot! I had the best time EVER and I got to share that with one of my favorite girls in Austin..shout out to Brionn!! I first started out at STYLE X  located at the Austin Convention center to check out each and every talented designer that was showcasing their designs..SO amazing.  If you know me personally, you know my obsession with eye wear...so I was EXTRA excited to meet the creative designers behind Lumete Eyewear...super chic ladies in all black..! Lovesss.  I also came across Tortoise & Blonde eye wear which I adore, so that was exciting too...very chic take on prescription eyewear with a touch of street edge. genius. Love the brand.  I had a chance to drop by the American Apparel flea market where everything was marked WAY down to SUPER cheap...everyone in my life knows how obsessed I am with American Apparel soooo that was quite the experience for me...fave item-scored a pair of cream, corduroy, high waisted shorts for only $12..so awesome.  Their shorts usually retail anywhere between $48-$56.  Moving on....Chloe Dao (winner of Project Runway) spoke about style & fashion at STYLE X, very interesting..great panel..it was a good time..will def have to make my way back up to Houston to check out her boutique Lot 8.  After that, I went ahead and met up w/ my friend for a late lunch at Flemings.  Their burgers are to die for...and at that point I was starving, but what else is knew?!!  Later, we walked all around downtown just taking in all the SXSW festivities....soaking up the amazing city environment in which we live!  SO much fun!  We ran into Mos Def at Trio- Four Seasons..great surprise..he walked by us and said hello ladies when we were on our way out...nice.  Our night ended at Perez Hilton's Party near the W hotel at the ACL theater.....HAD A BLASSSST..I can't even say that enough, so happy that I won those tickets..and I was really excited that my friend had an amazing time too..we couldn't stop talking about it on our way home.  Fun times, amazing memories in ATX...love this city..




                                      







1 comment:

  1. Such an amazing day!!! LOVE YOU!! <3

    ReplyDelete