Sunday, February 27, 2011

TOP.KNOT.CHICNESS.

Last night I went to dinner and had an amazing time with a girlfriend of mine.  (Shout out to Bri)  We ended up going to Maggiano's Little Italy (for the first time-SHOCKER) and ordered the 4 cheese Ravioli and a take home dinner of spaghetti with meat balls.....I actually took that plate for my boyfriend and he seemed to enjoy it a great deal.  Their food is DELISH and I will def be back for a second visit.....later we decided to go to one of our fave spots that we visit quite often- Jaspers....for their auuuhhmazing sangria...legit, best sangria in Austin (my opinion)!!

So lets talk about my friend's hair style that she rocked last night for a second...I have seen this DO all over the runways for spring/summer and fall....the TOP knot...SO fierce.  Genius.  She looked great!  I loved seeing her rock a different do then normal.  I actually wore my hair like this a couple weeks ago and got so many fabulous responses...for such a simple, super easy, laid back look...there is just something I love about this style...ridiculously chic and extremely high fashion is what it screams to me.  Lovin' everything about it.  Makes me feel very model-esque and sophisticated like I belong back in Europe again somewhere being fabulous at some fashion event...sipping on a very expensive cocktail mingling with other fashion wanna-beees lol.....Some photos below of "it" girls and socialites rockin' the do, and doing it WELL...!!!

ciao fashion bunnies.




 From Beauty Editor Canada's beauty destination :

How to do a top knot!

Step 1: Put your hair into a high ponytail at the top of your head and secure with a clear elastic. How tight or loose you make it is up to you—that’s what’s great about this look, it works both ways. Note: If you want your hair to be super-smooth, spray your brush with a bit of hairspray before you use it to comb back your hair—this will get rid of frizz. If you’re going for a looser style, you can probably work the frizz.
Step 2: If you want a more casual style (like Sienna’s or Keri’s), pull some wispy pieces out at the sides, top or back.
Step 3: Wrap your ponytail around the elastic and secure it in place with bobby pins. Remember: to secure the bobby pins properly, you need to criss-cross them.
[EXTRA STEP FOR KEENERS]: If you want a bigger, more voluminous knot, spray your ponytail with a heat-protective texturizer and then curl and tease it before wrapping into a bun shape and pinning.]
Step 4: Once everything’s pinned in place, spray liberally with hairspray to set.
Step 5: Look adorable.







1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore the top knot! I go back and forth with a bang and without

    ReplyDelete