Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HEAVENLY hair...AMEN.

Before I begin, I would like to take a moment to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST LITTLE SISTER IN THE WORLD!!! Simone Anyachebelu, my precious jewel..turns the big 2-0 today!  Big sister LOVES you!! :)




When my hair stylist moved back to Paris, I thought my life was DONE! (I know, I'm a bit on the dramatic side...but good hair is a girl's best friend, so don't judge me! :)  I was online one day randomly looking for a hair stylist that specializes in hair extensions when I came across Erica and her amazing reviews on Yelp!  I then went to her personal website Erica Smith Hair and quickly wrote her an email!  THANK GOD I did....


uhoh...no make-up ?? ha..ha...here w/ SUPER stylist Erica Smith @ Heavenly Hair 11.30.10

white tee/ ZARA
leather jacket/ LUXE
sweater hoodie/ Express
jeans/ True Religions

Drove to Elgin and the salon was located at 14 N Main, walked in and was VERY impressed.  The salon had a very clean, organized and most importantly, fashion forward appearance.  Photos such as Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe graced the plum colored walls.  AMAZING...was properly greeted by the other friendly stylist's at Heavenly Hair and was seated at Erica's work space to begin my extensions.  Erica was hilarious!!! First thing she said was, "You know you are wrong for putting extensions in your hair with all of this long, beautiful, thick hair that you have in your head....and then she said I will make your hair look SO beautifulllllll......AND SHE DID!!!!  She gave me choppy layers all throughout my hair and a side swept bang going across my forehead.  Gorgeous.  We were able to get to know each other a little bit and I discovered that she is a Christian with a very strong family behind her...for me, that's important and it made me feel very comfortable to be around her sharing stories about life and experiences.  I left a VERY happy client!  In addition, for upcoming fashion events in Austin, I am happy to announce that I will be working with Erica and Heavenly hair!  I am SO happy that I was able to come across Erica, a hidden treasure in Elgin, TX.



I went with a side swept bang and decided to go lighter in color, a soft redish/brown with deep chocolate pieces.  You can go to hairsisters.com for great quality extensions for all ethnicities.  Erica loved my color choice against my skin tone.  So did I...

Of course I had to step out w/ the ladies....Off to 219 West for happy hour:

blackberry martini...so delicious w/ fried shrimp...sigh..
jeans: True Religions
jacket/suede: vintage
button up shirt: Zara
suede wedges: Bakers
clutch: BCBG Max Azria
rings: Betsy Johnson




Thank you Heavenly Hair! BRAVO! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment